real to the core

health+lifestyle+inspiration+style+fashion+entertainment etc.....

Thursday 11 June 2015

FASHION AND ACCEPTABILITY



So here I come again, with my so called outfits. Remember my ladies, it is not until when you expose your body, that you should feel acceptable or make a statement about your existence. For guys, I am still coming for you * tongue out*.The world today,especially from the so-called celebrity world is turning fashion and acceptability into something else. Before you finished opening a link to check for celebs pictures, you would have seen tons of half naked women. You can check some of my own personal dress sense in this post as you read

Most of these celebs hide under the umbrella of art just to explore their own dirty way of thinking. Little do they realize how strong their impacts are in the lives of young girls and boys like  me growing up *chuckles,am still young*. We all need to brace ourselves up, we all need to start differentiating the right from the wrong, we need to start setting our own standards. Indulging yourself all in the name of art or acceptance to expose your body is not the right way to feel acceptable by the society.

Fashion or how you dress is the number one factor that expresses your self being before you open  your mouth to talk. There is a saying that 'you should not judge a book by it's cover' but the same saying states that "first impression lasts longer" and we do not want to leave a bad impression with anybody, do we?

 
Please continue after the cut..




 Fashion is all about adventure. Fashion should be fun and at the same time, we should all know our boundaries without crossing the line. We should try to work on people's imagination, let them keep imagining,not leaving them to no imagination on how you really look like.
You are beautiful just the way you are. You do not have to impress that dude on your first date leaving all imaginations to the barest minimum. You can cover up and still look appealing. 
I think the most important thing here is to create a standard moral and value by which we want to live our lives and how we want to be addressed and perceived. 

I love fashion but what I love most so far about it is how I'm being perceived.
We should stop sending out the wrong signals so we won't attract the wrong set of people into our lives. 
I totally understand that as youths,we would want to explore so many things, different styles, different clothing, different approach to everything - I guess that's one of the most interesting things about growing up- BREAKING THE RULES!!!. However, as we grow up, you will know there are reasons why some basic rules were being set. People have been there, the repercussions are not good, it is not worth it at the end of the day..
How I dress most times, from my hairstyle, clothing, to my shoes depend most times on my mood, occasion and most importantly, how comfortable I am or would be in those clothes.So far I'd already accepted myself the way I am, I do not need anybody approval to be accepted then oops! I think this is the same thing that our so called celebrities also believe, but let me tell you, most of them are lying to themselves hiding under the canopy of I am ME. A very big lie!

 After dressing up and you feel tingles of negativity and wrongness about your style or about your dressinh, just pull it off because your mind, meaning your body didn't accept it. If your body rejects a particular style or dressing because it is contrary to your own morals and values, tell me, how do you want to be or feel accepted into the society. How you portray your inner image really matters a lot.

I am also a work in progress, I grow up everyday and try to define my path as days go by, I hope you find yours too.
You are you and nobody will be YOU. Just be YOU and define your own style. Above all, let the glory of the Lord reveal in your doings even in the way you dress.. BE BLESSED!

4 comments:

  1. Simple, classy and dope dress sense and waiting for u to come for the guys.....*except me......*sipping my kunu as I wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. First impression really do last long.... Thumbs up. My personal fashionista...

    ReplyDelete
  3. #justsewablog........this is nice. weldone

    ReplyDelete
  4. First impression really do last long.... Thumps up my very own fashionista

    ReplyDelete

thank you