real to the core

health+lifestyle+inspiration+style+fashion+entertainment etc.....

Tuesday 9 June 2015

DO NOT THROW AWAY THAT WATER MELON SEED AGAIN!!!!!







So I made a new discovery when I was having my dinner. I just cultivated the habit of eating fruits as dinner now that I get home late everyday from my daily work-school routine. Most times, I am too tired to eat heavy foods late in the night also because I am trying to prevent a big tummy. lol. Let me save you from the long story.
I was eating my fruits, water melon to be precised and too tired to be throwing away the seed all the time, it can be frustrating you know? So I google up the side effects of eating or chewing up the water melon seeds, then I came across some great eye openers!!!! You heard me right!




First and foremost, NO SIDE EFFECTS!!!!!! I learnt quite few things that are really beneficial which I want to share with you guys today:

1.Great source of amino acids. Amino sources such as Lysine and Arginine which the body cannot produce on its own are already embedded in water melon seeds. These amino acids are of great benefit to the body,helps in calcium absorption for the formation of collagen while the latter helps the cardiovascular system and sexual health.
2.Water Melon seeds contain Lycopene which is good for your face and also helps in improving male fertility *clears throat* hmmmn
3.Water Melon seeds are excellent sources of  Multi vitamin B and can replace some of the supplements. B vitamins are vital for maintaining healthy blood, nervous system and effective immune response.
4. They prevent signs of ageing because they contain antioxidants and oils which make your skin look younger, healthier and more vibrant! These can be observed by consuming a handful or two of water melon seeds a week! *rolling eyes* who wants to look old?
5. For my ladies, this is for you..... It makes skin looks radiant and prevent acne!!! This I can relate with personally because I know a little about saturated and unsaturated fats. The fats in watermelon seeds are unsaturated and easily absorbed into the skin, giving you a radiant, moisturized, firm , well toned skin! Also prevent skin disorders.
6. If you have been looking or desired that longer hair...water melon seeds might just come in handy for you. Also, for dandruff, hair breakages and dry scalp, It sure helps a lot.
7. Chewing water melon seeds saves us from the stress of spitting them away. Please eat some seeds and feel good! *winks*

What happens if I find it difficult to chew the seeds? There are several ways of getting these miraculous seeds into your system;
 You can dry the seeds and grind them into powdery form, then take it water or however it suits your taste. Some people even use it as spice in soup.
 They can also be boiled inside water for a couple if minutes, preserve the water, refrigerate it, and your antioxidant is ready for sipping!
Water melon seeds can also be roasted, and blended as well.

There are whole lot of benefits associated with these seeds. I just hope you find this beneficial and interesting enough..........and the most interesting part is that these seeds come so cheap! So what are we waiting for? Let us eat some seeds! LOL
Remember, prevention is better than cure! STAY HEALTHY DEAR FRIENDS....

1 comment:

  1. I like the aphrodisiac part...winks but dope having more knowledge

    ReplyDelete

thank you