real to the core

health+lifestyle+inspiration+style+fashion+entertainment etc.....

Friday 20 March 2015

Sewa Thinks : Are we really happy?

Hmmnnn, guys, this is something that has really been bothering me for a while now, if you know me very well, you will know that I am a social media person, instagram, twitter, facebook, vine, bbm, just name it... I have seen different people s post  and I keep wandering if they are actually what they appear to be.
Fine, I get it, some people try to encourage themselves by creating that illusion of being happy while some people just want to impress and make other feel less of themselves, I did my homework and some findings and I notice over 60% of people are not what they appear to be in terms of happiness, yes I know, while over 40% try to convince themselves which is a good thing to do, I can be guilty of this sometimes, maybe,just maybe because I just want to convince myself that I am happy, whereas, I am more than sad in the real life, just sometimes though. lol
more after cut



Do not let us mix the concept of happiness and comfort together, to some people being comfortable means they are happy whereas they are not. We cannot always get the feeling of happiness from comfort. To me, I will attach comfort to more of material things and things we feel we want.

So what will it take for us to be happy? bigger house, new car, getting married, divorce, breakup,new job, getting pregnant? The search for happiness is internal not of external things, getting all these things will make us happy but will it be a lasting thing? Will the emptiness go away?I am a moment person, little things make me happy most of the time...I have come to follow some of these little things that make me happy, wiling to share them with you...I know things do not usually work according to plan all the time but we can start our journey to happiness by following these steps stated below:

 I started by accepting who I am
 I accepted that I deserve to be happy,
 I help people out, it gives me lotta joy doing that,
 I asked for help when needed,
 I cherish every moment and not allowing worries and emptiness to cart away my joy and I invest my time into doing things that will make me move forward...

It is up to us to own our happiness, create our own happiness, create moments filled with joy and happiness, try to worry less and enjoy the moment! Nobody will arrest you for trying to be happy. I hope you enjoy this piece, It is raw, I wrote it the way it comes so I did not bother trying to make it perfect, Your comments and contributions will be highly appreciated. CHEERS

4 comments:

  1. Inspiring piece.... Happiness starts from within.
    Thumbs up blogger Sewa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You either choose to be happy or you don't

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminds nme of a song...i choose to be happy, like diamonds in the sky..lool... most of us have not learnt the master of laying worries to a side yet... nice write up.. i love te enjioying the moments part...thumbs up

    ReplyDelete

thank you